If you’re looking for an affordable and convenient way to enjoy your music without having to put in any effort, then you’ll love Sony wireless earbuds.
These earbuds are compatible with a wide variety of devices, and provide great sound quality regardless of the environment.
Whether you’re at home or on the go, these earbuds are perfect for taking your music with you wherever you go.
In this article, we’ll show you how to use Sony wireless earbuds, and help you get the most out of them.
- How to Pair Sony Wireless Earbuds
- How to Charge Sony Wireless Earbuds
- How to Download and Setup the Sony Headphone Connect App
- Customize the Touch Controls for your Sony Earbuds
- How to Check the Battery Life of Sony Earbuds
- How to Update Sony Wireless Earbuds
- How to Reset Sony Wireless Earbuds
How to Use Sony Wireless Earbuds – WF-1000XM3
How to Pair Sony Wireless Earbuds
Connecting a pair or Sony wireless earbuds is a cakewalk and all you’d have to worry about is whether or not the earbuds are charged.
These earbuds connect to any device out there and you can follow these steps to pair them with an Android or iOS device
- Start by making sure the battery is charged
- Place the earbuds in the charging case and then close the lid
- Open the lid and bring the case near your iPhone or Android phone.
- Take out the earbuds and place them in your ears
- You will hear an automated voice stating that the earbuds are now in pairing mode
- Open the Bluetooth settings page on your phone and then click on add a new device
- Wait for a few seconds for the phone to locate the earbuds and you will then see the name of the earbuds in the list of available devices.
- Tap on the name of the earbuds and you will now hear a voice confirming the connection.
If your smartphone has NFC, you can bring the charging case near the phone and then begin to pair the earbuds using NFC connection. S
imply take the earbuds out of the charging case and place them in your ears to connect successfully.
For those who want to connect their Sony earbuds to an alternate device, simply place the earbuds in your ears and then tap and hold the touch pads on both earbuds for around 7-10 seconds.
A voice notification will now tell you that the Bluetooth pairing process has been enabled. You can now connect the earbuds to your new device.
How to Charge Sony Wireless Earbuds
Charging the earbuds is as easy as setting them up, simply placing the earbuds in the charging case will do the trick.
This is possible as long as the charging case has some battery charge in them.
The only drawback with charging the Sony wireless earbuds is that the charging case does not support Qi or wireless charging and you will have to plug the case into a power socket with the help of a USB cable.
When the case is charging, the LED light on the inside of it will flash red, and when the battery is fully charged, the color changes to bright white.
How to Download and Setup the Sony Headphone Connect App
The Sony Headphones Connect app is required if you want to experience more features and functionality from the earbuds.
The app can be downloaded from the App store or the Play store depending on what smartphone you own.
You can follow these steps to connect your earbuds to the smartphone app.
- Once you have downloaded the app onto your phone, proceed to install it and then launch the app on your smartphone
- Launch the app and then proceed to pair the earbuds
- Select the type of headphones or earbuds you have and then pair the device using Bluetooth or NFC
- Now, proceed to setup your earbuds and choose the sound settings like adaptive sound control, activity and even 360 reality sound.
- Through the app you will now be able to tweak the audio settings, change the format and even boost the connection of the earbuds in case there is any signal drop.
Customize the Touch Controls for your Sony Earbuds
In order to change the touch controls for your Sony earbuds, you will need to make a couple of changes to their functionality from within the Sony headphones connect app.
- Launch the headphones connect app and then on the home page, tap on the cog for “Change the touch sensor functions”
- Your earbuds will have default settings configured, tap on each to make changes to the configuration
- You can now configure new settings for each sensor such as playback modes, volume control and even voice commands.
How to Check the Battery Life of Sony Earbuds
Checking the battery life of your earbuds is easy even though there’s no battery indicator on the earbuds or charging case.
Simply place the earbuds in the charging case and then launch the headphone connect app to view the battery life of both the earbuds and the charging case.
- Launch the headphones connect app on your smartphone
- If your earbuds are connected to the app, you will see the battery life in the top right corner of the screen. You will also be able to view the battery life of the charging case in this section of the app.
Another way to find out the battery life of your earbuds, is to pull down the notification bar and then tap on the battery indicator to check the life of the earbuds.
- On an iPhone, the battery icon will indicate 100-70%, 70-50%, 50-20%, and less than 20%.
- On an Android handset, the battery icon will change to indicate that 100%, 70%, 50% or 20% power is remaining.
How to Update Sony Wireless Earbuds
There are two main methods you can use to update your Sony earbuds. You can either update the firmware automatically or manually.
Either way you choose, both can be done from within the headphone connect app on your smartphone.
- If you have selected to manually have the earbuds updated, you will receive a notification in the app that there’s an update available and tapping on the download button will transfer the update to your earbuds.
- If you’ve selected automatic updates then the earbuds will automatically get updated when they are connected to the smartphone and everything will be done in the background. The only notification you’ll receive here is that the update has been transferred and installed.
How to Reset Sony Wireless Earbuds
In order to do a basic reset of the earbuds, place the earbuds in the charging case and then press and hold the left earbuds touch plate for 20 seconds.
Once the red indicator stops flashing, follow the same step on the right earbud.
For those who want to factory reset the earbuds to its default settings, you can follow these steps.
- Place the earbuds in the charging case and then open the lid.
- Once the earbuds flash a red light, press and hold both earbuds touch plates simultaneously for around 10 seconds.
- The earbuds will now flash red once more and then flash blue four times. This indicates that the earbuds have been reset to their factory settings.
Once done, you can now proceed to pair the earbuds from scratch without any settings or configurations stored.
Can my Sony wireless earbuds be connected to multiple devices?
Yes, Sony wireless earbuds can be paired with up to 8 devices at once so you can easily toggle between different phones or computers. You can pair the earbuds to a ninth device, but by doing so the oldest paired device will be removed from the list.
How to start Sony wireless earbuds?
Simply take them out of the charging case and then place them in your ears to start using the earbuds. Once the earbuds are connected via Bluetooth, you will be able to listen to music and watch videos without any issue.
How to enable noise canceling on Sony wireless earbuds?
To enable ANC on your Sony wireless earbuds, place them in your ears and then tap the touch sensor until you hear a voice say “Noise Canceling”.
These steps have helped me connect and use Sony wireless earbuds with any device. I hope the steps mentioned above have helped you learn how to use your Sony wireless earbuds.
If there are any questions, feel free to drop a comment below.