Have you just bought a new Samsung Smart TV and want to learn how to cast your screen on it? Well i’m here to take you through just that.
The thing about Samsung TVs is that it’s relatively easier to cast on them than most other brands and this is one of the reasons why people prefer to buy a Samsung Smart TV instead of a Sony or LG mode.
To learn how to screen cast on a Samsung TV, there are 4 easy steps you need to follow.
These steps, if followed correctly, will let you connect any wireless mobile device to your Samsung TV.
The 4 main steps to screen cast on a Samsung TV using a Samsung phone are:
- Download Smart View onto your Smartphone
- Login to the app using your Samsung account
- Pair a New device with the app
- Start casting using Smart View
You can also make use of the Samsung SmartThings app on your Android or AirPlay on iOS devices to mirror your screen onto your TV. I’ll even show you how to cast your laptop onto a Samsung TV.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s begin and let me take you through how to screen cast on a Samsung TV irrespective of the device you want to use.
Recommended Read: How to Screen Cast on a Sony TV
- Cast your Screen using Smart View on a Samsung Phone
- Mirror your Android Phone to a Samsung TV using SmartThings
- Share Media to your Samsung TV with AirPlay 2 for iOS Devices
- Use Wi-Fi Screen Mirroring To Share your Computer Screen
- Use a HDMI Adapter to Cast your Phone or Computer to your Samsung TV
How to Screen Cast on a Samsung TV
Cast your Screen using Smart View on a Samsung Phone
Smart View is a Samsung application that lets you cast your device’s screen onto any Samsung TV that’s connected to the Wi-Fi.
The only catch here is that both the TV and your Android phone have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
To mirror or cast your phone’s display onto your Samsung TV, follow these steps
- Start by checking if your Samsung TV is compatible with Smart View
- Settings > General > External Device Manager > Device Connect Manager > Access Notification
- Swipe down onto the Notification bar to reveal the Quick Access Panel
- Login to the app using your registered account
- This step is only required if you have not already done so while setting up your phone
- Locate the Smart View symbol from the list and click on it to launch the tool
- Now, if your TV and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network then you will be able to see a list of connected devices. Choose the most appropriate TV from the list
- Finally, click on start casting with Smart View to have your display shown on the TV screen
You will be able to change the aspect ratio of the screen cast and even go full screen with just a couple of taps.
To do this
- Launch Smart View on your phone and then click on the Three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and then tap Settings
- Click on Phone Aspect Ratio from the list and then select Full Screen
- Enable Remember Settings to store the configuration
Now, every time you cast your phone onto your Samsung TV it will run in full screen mode.
Mirror your Android Phone to a Samsung TV using SmartThings
Samsung SmartThings is an app that allows you to connect your Android phone to your Samsung TV wirelessly.
The app lets you mirror your phone’s display onto the big screen but you will need to have a registered Samsung account logged in on your TV and phone before you can proceed
*Warning: This process works only if both the TV and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Download the SmartThings app onto your Android phone
- Launch the app and enter your password
- Choose the TV from the dashboard of the app
- Enter the Device pairing code and then click on Enable
- Next, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and then select Mirror Screen from the drop down menu
Whatever you’re looking at on your phone will now be displayed on your TV as well. To disconnect the device, simply click on Disconnect in the app.
Share Media to your Samsung TV with AirPlay 2 for iOS Devices
You will be able to share pictures, videos and even play music from your iPhone, iPad or Mac onto a Samsung TV provided that the TV comes equipped with Samsung Smart Monitor with AirPlay 2.
If yes, ensure that both the TV and Apple device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and then follow the steps below
- Start by enabling AirPlay on your Samsung TV. To do this, navigate to
- Settings >General > Apple AirPlay Settings
- From the Quick Control Panel tap on the AirPlay button
- Select the TV from the list of available devices and then you will receive a code on the TV screen
- Enter that code on the AirPlay app and then click on to pair the two devices
- Now that both devices are paired, launch any video and tap on the AirPlay button to cast the screen onto the Samsung TV.
You can also follow the same steps to cast your Mac display onto your Samsung TV.
Use Wi-Fi Screen Mirroring To Share your Computer Screen
In order to pair your laptop and Samsung TV your laptop will need to be equipped with WiDi. If this is not available on your PC then you can purchase a USB adapter to join the network.
- Both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Your PC/laptop should have a WiDi transmitter
- The Samsung TV should either have Miracast or a WiDi receiver built-in
To do this, follow these steps
- Press the Start button on your computer and then search for Bluetooth Settings
- Start > Settings > Bluetooth > Add a Device
- Proceed to add a device and select Wireless Display or Dock from the list
- Once you’re able to view the name of your TV in the list, click on it to pair the devices
- You will receive a notification on your TV, accept it for the devices to get paired
- Your PC will now be connected to the screen wirelessly. You will be able to cast videos, songs and even play games wirelessly onto your Samsung TV
- When you’re done, simply press on the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and to disconnect the two devices.
Use a HDMI Adapter to Cast your Phone or Computer to your Samsung TV
Before smart apps were a thing, it was easy to pair and cast any device to a TV with the help of a HDMI adapter. To use one with your phone or computer, follow these steps.
- Connect the HDMI adapter to the USB-C port on your phone
- Switch on your Samsung TV and select your input device as the HDMI port connected to your phone
- Your phone and TV will now be connected without any internet connection
- To connect your computer to your Samsung TV without using the internet take a HDMI cable and connect one end to your Samsung TVs HDMI port and one end to your laptop/computer
- Switch the input mode on your TV to the HDMI port your laptop is connected to
- Next, change the preview settings on your laptop and choose between
- Single display
- Extended display
- Second display only
- Duplicate display
- You will now be able to use your Samsung TV as a larger monitor for your laptop/computer.
To disconnect, simply unplug the HDMI cable from the laptop and change the input mode on the TV.
What’s causing my phone to not mirror on my Samsung TV?
- Make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Check to see if AirPlay is turned on and the devices are within range
- The TV will have to be switched on for you to mirror or cast your phone to it
What is the best way to cast to my Samsung TV?
The best and easiest way to cast to any Samsung TV is by using Samsung Smart View or SmartThings on your phone.
Simply choose a TV from the drop down menu and pair the devices by entering the TV code. Select the content you want shown on the TV and then tap on cast.
Why can’t I connect a Samsung phone to my Samsung TV?
You will not be able to connect a Samsung phone to a Samsung TV if both devices are not logged into the same Samsung account.
Another factor that can affect the process is if the Smart View SmartThings app is outdated and there’s an update that’s pending.
Downloading and installing the update should fix this issue and you will be able to cast to your Samsung TV.