LG TVs are equipped with some pretty innovative features that make it easier for users to cast or mirror their devices’ content on an LG TV.
You will be able to connect your smartphone, tablet, PC and other devices to your TV and watch videos or view photos on the big screen.
But how to screen cast on a LG TV?
Well, there are multiple methods you can follow to cast a variety of devices on a LG TV.
- Cast your LG Phone using the Built-in Feature
- Cast your Phone using the LG Screen Share App
- Cast your iPhone on LG TV using Chromecast
- Cast your iPhone on LG TV using Apple AirPlay
- Use Smart Share to Cast your Windows Laptop to LG TV
- Cast your Mac to a LG TV using Apple AirPlay 2
So, read on to learn in detail, how to screen cast on a LG TV.
Recommended Read: How to Screen Cast on a Sony TV
How to Screen Cast on a LG TV
Cast your LG Phone using the Built-in Feature
Most LG phones come with a built-in feature called Screen Sharing. You will have to enable the setting and pair the TV to use its features.
- Start by connecting both devices to the same Wi-Fi network
- On your LG phone, click on the Settings button and then select Share and Connect from the options
- Now tap on Screen Share and than click on Screen Sharing to find the available LG TV
Cast your Phone using the LG Screen Share App
The next method you can follow is by downloading and installing the LG Screen Share app onto your smartphone.
Make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Launch the Screen Share app on your phone and login to your account
- Proceed to activate the Smart Share app and proceed to add a device
- Select the TV from a list of available devices and then click on Connect
- Enter the code to pair the TV with your phone
Once connected, you will be able to cast anything from your phone onto your LG TV as long as both devices are connected to the same internet connection and the TV is turned on.
Cast your iPhone on LG TV using Chromecast
With a Chromecast dongle you will be able to watch any content from your phone on your LG TV wirelessly.
- Connect the Chromecast dongle to the TV and then proceed to download the Google Home Companion app on your iOS device
- Next install the app and make sure the iOS device and your TV are connected to the same network.
- Supported apps will now display a Chromecast icon when accessing videos and photos on your iPhone.
- To view your content on your TV, simply tap on the Chromecast icon and select the TV you want to cast to.
To disconnect the two devices, simply access the Quick Control Panel on your iOS device and click on disconnect devices under Chromecast.
Cast your iPhone on LG TV using Apple AirPlay
LG TVs do not come with AirPlay installed by default and if you want to use this feature you will need to have an Apple TV connected to the LG TV.
- Connect the Apple TV and your phone to the same Wi-Fi network and then swipe up on your iPhone to access the Control Center
- Tap on AirPlay from the list
- Search for available devices and then select your Apple TV device
- Your iPhone and TV will automatically connect and you will be able to view videos, photos and other files on your LG TV without any wires connected.
- In order to change the orientation of your screen, simply turn the phone horizontally or vertically and it will immediately change on your TV.
Use Smart Share to Cast your Windows Laptop to LG TV
Smart Share is installed by default on LG TVs but if you want to cast from your laptop or computer to an LG TV you will need to install Smart Share on the computer.
Currently Smart Share only works for Windows 7-10 and will not work on Windows 11 systems.
- Once installed, launch the app and configure the basic settings.
- Select Movie, Photo or Music from the screen
- Next, click on Settings and then enable Sharing
- Now, add folders to My Shared Content
- Enter a name for your computer and then click on OK
- Finally grant permission to the TV you want to cast on and click on OK
To use the app, simply select the media file you want to cast and then tap on the TV name to begin playback.
Cast your Mac to a LG TV using Apple AirPlay 2
If you’re a Mac user then you can take advantage of the fact that most LG TVs come with AirPlay 2 built-in.
Follow these steps to cast your Mac’s screen onto a LG TV
- Click on the AirPlay icon on your Mac’s menu bar
- Click on the LG TV from the list of available devices
- Once both devices are connected proceed to launch your media app
- Tap on the AirPlay icon within the app and then select the connected TV
You can click on the AirPlay icon from the menu bar to quit and close AirPlay.
Troubleshooting Common Screen Cast Issues on LG TVs
Here are a couple of troubleshooting tips you can try on your own if you’re unable to cast your screen to your LG TV.
- If the internet connection with your TV is not working properly try restarting the router and connecting the TV once again.
- If the range of the internet is a problem, then consider using a Wi-Fi extender to boost your signal indoors
- TVs running older OS versions will not support the screen sharing feature. Updating the firmware of your LG TV will fix this issue and let you share a screen with your TV
- If your TV is on and connected to the internet but you’re unable to cast your phone then check if Screen Mirroring is enabled and turned on. If the input source is not Screen Mirroring then you will not be able to connect to the TV
- At times screen casting may fail if there’s a drop in network speeds. Make sure your internet connection supports high speed internet with speeds in excess of 100mbps
- If screen sharing stops abruptly, restart your smartphone and TV. This issue is prevalent on older LG TV’s so try and upgrade your TV while you’re at it.
How to Fix LG Screen Share App Keeps Disconnecting
The LG Screen Share app on Windows 10 can face issues where it will keep disconnecting your connection and you will have to follow these to fix the problem.
- Start by disconnecting your TV from the Wi-Fi
- Proceed to shutdown your Windows 10 laptop/computer and restart your LG Smart TV
- Launch the Screen Share application on the TV and wait for a couple of minutes
- Proceed to connect the TV to the Wi-Fi
- Now, turn on the laptop/computer and connect to the TV once again.
The same steps can be followed if you’re facing lags while casting your screen.
While it’s relatively easy to cast your screen to a LG TV, there are quite a few connectivity issues you will encounter while doing so.
I hope this guide was helpful and you were able to screen cast on a LG TV regardless of the device you own.
You can also refer to our other guides to find out how to cast your screen on a Sony and Samsung TV.