Wondering How To Change Verizon WiFi Password? Here’s a detailed guide to help you change the Verizon password! Check it out!
Do you use internet services on a regular basis with your Verizon WiFi Router? You may not realize it, but anyone in your vicinity may be keeping a watch on the router network and waiting to gain access. It is obvious that if you use Verizon WiFi, you have a similar network that is connected to all of the gadgets in your home.
With just one error, a hacker can gain access to your network and data. As a result, it is critical that you secure the Verizon WiFi Network while utilizing it. This will protect the modem and the network from a variety of potential threats.
Recommended Read: How To Change AT&T WiFi Password?
How To Change Verizon WiFi Password – Things to know
If you have Verizon, you can utilize it with a variety of devices that are already available on the internet. However, the firm has developed some modems and routers to service millions of customers worldwide. As a result, the hardware combinations for the majority of the products that are now in use may differ.
If you want to modify the Verizon modem password and settings, you must pay attention to the hardware settings. It is preferable if you can simply take a snapshot of the router along with the sticker that contains information such as network names, passwords, and so on. So, if you need to remotely configure the router, this will greatly assist you in restoring it to its default settings.
Safe WiFi App
Because Verizon is a large and growing manufacturer, they provide a plethora of options to reduce the levels of configuration from the user’s end. Verizon, in particular, has a web-based interface that allows you to control your router. You may also get an Android app and an iPhone app to configure your device. This service is called the Verizon Safe Wi-Fi, and it allows you to control the WiFi network from the comfort of your own home.
This manager allows you to change your Verizon WiFi password as well as your username, allowing you to safeguard the network. Only the advanced versions, however, have this smart home management option. If your Verizon model does not have this option, you will have to change the password manually.
Am I Going To Break Something When Changing the Verizon password?
Changing the password and username implies that you are infiltrating the network system. However, if you do it responsibly in order to secure the network, you will not cause any harm. However, if you are not a PC specialist, you may end up altering some unknown gateways. This is possible if you are not an expert.
You may still need to adjust the default settings to make the PC and network safe to use. As a result, it is advisable not to update any settings that you are unaware of. Fortunately, updating the WiFi network password and username is a relatively secure process.
You may need to reboot the router, which will bring up the entire device, in order to reset the router to the default platform. As a result, try to be very explicit about the directions so that you can quickly modify the settings.
How To Change the WiFi Password?
So, now that you’ve opted to update the Verizon WiFi settings, you must be extremely explicit about following the instructions. There are four primary steps to changing the username and password. If you have already changed the username or password, it is preferable to restore the Verizon WiFi to its default settings.
It is simple to do so; all you need to do is locate the red button located beneath the router. This is the reset button found on your router. You must press and hold the reset button for 15 to 20 seconds before releasing your fingers.
When the lights stop flashing, your router is ready to reboot. You must wait a few minutes for it to be restored. Wait until the lights begin to flash again and everything returns to normal.
Once you’ve completed this process, you’re ready to go on to the following critical steps, which are listed below:
Step 1: Locate the modem’s information.
Verizon modems are available in a variety of sizes and forms. However, you must discover the information here. Typically, the information tab is located on the modem body, where the information bar must be collected. You might not notice it at first but look for the Verizon logo embossed on the body.
If the information is too far away from the product, consider taking a picture of it. You will require information such as the WiFi network name, password, default gateway, and device access code. The default gateway is shared by all Verizon devices.
Step 2: Connect to the modem
- To connect to the modem, launch your PC and navigate to a local browser. For quick access, you should usually use the Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- In the URL column, enter 192.168.1.1 as the default gateway. After pressing enter, you will be routed to the Verizon WiFi home page. This is where you should log in.
- Now you must input the default username and password in the appropriate areas. When you click Login, you will be taken to the login page, where you can access the dashboard.
Step 3: Modify the WiFi Configuration
This is the most crucial step you must take. Follow the steps outlined below.
- Look for the options on your dashboard and then select Router settings. If you can’t find the settings, it’s most likely because your router is out of date. To enter the settings, simply click on the WiFi or WiFi Profile.
- You will be able to alter the Network Name SSID. Enter a new name that you will remember easily.
- After that, simply select the Verizon WiFi password option. Change the password by selecting the radio option. The new password is simple to enter. Choose a password that is not widely known, such as your birthday or phone number. Some modems, however, may require a 10-digit password to encrypt.
Step 4: Saving the Information
It is now time to save the changes after you have finished entering the new password and SSID name. Simply scroll down the settings page until you see the SAVE option. However, simply closing the page without saving means that no settings are stored. If this occurs, you must return to step 2 and repeat the process.
When you click Save, you will be prompted to provide your password or device access code. Enter the necessary information and then confirm the changes. You will now be logged out of the dashboard for security reasons. After you’ve finished adjusting the settings, connect the PC to the Verizon modem’s new SSID.
Can I Use My Own Router With Verizon WiFi?
Since its inception, many customers have shown an interest in switching to Verizon. Not only does the Verizon have complex capabilities, but it also offers a basic and easy interface that provides high-speed internet services.
Many people enjoy watching HD movies and videos, which is why they have all attempted to utilize the Verizon, which gives faster internet than most standard routers.
Verizon enables each customer to create their own internet services that are distinct from others. You must complete a few steps in order to configure it. But, before you do so, take in mind that you may have some early difficulties, such as connecting it to your router. However, if you follow these procedures precisely, you should have a few issues.
- Simply unplug the modem and then the complete main power unit.
- You must now disconnect the Ethernet cable from the PC. Simply unplug it if you’re using it from a LAN port.
- Now you must connect the Ethernet cable to the router’s accessible Wide Area Network. It is usually found at the rear of the router.
- Allow some time for it to rest after you plug it in. You have to wait for two minutes.
- You must then turn on the router and wait for a few minutes. This will enable the Ethernet to begin functioning on the new device.
- You can now power on the computer and wait a few minutes for the connection to be established.
- You must now navigate to the configurations page, where you will be asked to configure the router.
- Once it appears, you must enter the router’s IP address into the web browser. You can also launch the Airport utility app to speed up the process.
- After entering the information, you will be redirected to the settings page. You must now select the Bridge mode choice from the list that appears below this.
- Once you’ve entered it, you’ll be able to quickly connect to the router. Wait for Verizon WiFi to finish installing the router before you can begin working with the internet.
If you use Verizon’s fast internet service, you may want to secure it as well. If you are not a computer guru, the setup settings may be unfamiliar to you. As a result, you must follow the instructions on how to update your Verizon wifi password. To avoid difficulties, try to leave the other settings pages alone. This will provide you with secure network access, allowing you to enjoy high-speed data without any problems.